Is your organization a registered Canadian charity?
Yes! We have been a registered charity in Canada since our start in 2005. We can issue you a tax receipt for your donations.
Who do you serve?
We serve people who have suffered with addiction and are working on their recovery as well as women who are incarcerated.
Who runs the organization?
Open Door Outreach is run by a Board of Directors who meet six times a year. Rev. Cheryl Millman, co-founder of Open Door has been Executive Director of the organization since its start-up.
How can I donate to your organization?
There are many ways to make a donation to Open Door. Here are a few:
● Monthly giving
● Tribute giving in honour of someone
● Legacy giving/bequests
● Corporate matching grants where your employer matches any charity donations you make
● Community Events: Hosting an event in support of Open Door Outreach
● Directly through the internet https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/10885
● Directly by e-transfer email@example.com
● Directly by credit card – Call us 902-628-6826
What is your tax ID number?
Are You Making a Difference?
Women report that their involvement with Open Door has been positive, beneficial and provides them with hope and skills for a more appropriate future direction.
We are making a difference while women are incarcerated, when they are released, as they deal with their addictions and when they need a place to belong. When one life begins to change, the whole community around her starts to change. Everyone Wins!
How are you Supported?
We are supported through the generosity of community partners who donate on a regular basis or through our yearly fundraisers. Less than 5% of our funding comes from government.